Last update: May 2022
The Webedia Creators website is published by the Webedia Group.
In its capacity as Data Controller, Webedia (located at 2, Rue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 92300 Levallois-Perret) considers respect for your private life of prime importance, and seeks to build stable, long-term relations with you.
We consider the protection of personal data of prime importance. That is why we ensure our Data Protection Policy is available to you in order to inform you, in the clearest possible manner, of our practices concerning the collection, use and sharing of the information you may be required to provide to us through our website fr.webedia-group.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”).
1. Why do we process your personal data, and for what length of time?
By making use of our Site, we collect information including some information that may enable us to identify you, and this therefore constitutes data of a personal nature. This is the case in particular when you decide to contact us.
We limit the collection of data to the necessary information we require for the provision of the services we offer. In this way, we undertake to process your personal data for specific, legitimate and relevant purposes only.
In addition, and in accordance with the GDPR, we have defined a legal basis for each instance of data processing.
Finally, we store your personal data for a duration in accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions and, by default, for a period strictly necessary and proportionate to achieving the purpose for which your personal data was originally collected. The criteria that we apply in the definition of this duration is indicated in the table
When we no longer need to use your personal data, we erase it from our computer systems or render it anonymous.
|When do we process your personal data?||Why do we process your personal data?||What legal basis justifies this data processing?||For what length of time do we keep your personal data?|
· Storing your cookie management preferences
· Measuring and qualifying Website audiences
|Legitimate interest within the meaning of Section 6.1 f) of the GDPR||
The time required to achieve the intended aim:
· Personal data collected by means of audience measurement cookies is stored for 26 months from the date of collection.
· Personal data collected by means of advertising cookies by our partners in accordance with their own data protection policy
· The life duration of the cookies placed on the Site, whether they are used for technical, audience measurement or advertising purposes, shall not exceed 13 months.
|Display of personalised communications according to your web browsing||Consent within the meaning of section 6.1 a) of the GDPR|
|Tracking your interactions on our Site allows us to create or complete your user profile in our database. We use a plug-in to achieve this.||Legitimate interest within the meaning of Section 6.1 f) of the GDPR||Three years from your last activity|
|Communications via the contact form||Respond to your requests for information||Legitimate interest within the meaning of Section 6.1 f) of the GDPR||One year from the processing of your request|
|Requests to exercise the rights of individuals||Keep the register of individuals who have exercised their rights over their personal data||Legal obligation within the meaning of Section 6.1 c) of the GDPR||Three years from receipt of the request|
|Legal proceedings and litigation||Establish and retain all means of proof necessary to defend our rights||Legitimate interest within the meaning of Section 6.1 c) of the GDPR||for the entire period necessary to defend our rights and interests in court.|
2. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data is sent to Webedia employees who need to process it in order to offer you a high-quality service: the customer service department, marketing department, data department and IT department. We continually endeavour to do everything possible to protect your personal data. On receiving your data, we shall apply strict security measures in order to limit the risk of breaching personal data. For example, we shall provide to each of our employees a strong, individual password.
Your data is also sent to our subcontractors who manage service provision on our behalf, including the following:
○ audience analysis
○ management of cookies consent
○ monitoring of your interactions on our Site
In addition, we shall share your personal data with our advertising partners.
Finally, we are entitled to transmit your personal data to lawyers, legal practitioners and ministerial officers, or to the administrative or judicial authorities hearing a dispute if necessary within the context of compliance with the legal obligations binding us to do so, or to enable us to ensure the defence of our rights and interests.
3. Is your personal data sent outside of the European Union?
To honour the aforementioned purposes, your personal data is sent to data processing companies in countries located outside of the European Union, such as the United States of America. We provide you with the assurance that such data transfers are governed by an agreement of cross-border data flow which guarantees the protection of personal data (Contractual clauses of the type issued by the European Commission and that are currently in force).
You can access these clauses by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What are your rights?
In accordance with the applicable regulations on data protection, you have the following rights relating to personal data:
- right of access to your data: you can request to obtain a copy, in plain language, of all personal data that we hold on you
- right to the erasure of your data: you can request that all of your personal data be erased, unless this data is still necessary for the performance of certain operations, for compliance with a legal obligation or for the observation, exercise or the defence of legal claims
- right of rectification of your data: you can request that inaccurate or incomplete personal information be corrected
- right to withdraw your consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, by means of a simple method equivalent to that used to collect your consent
- right to object to processing*: you have the right to object to any use of personal data
- right to portability of your data: you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another body
- right to obtain the limitation of processing: you can ask to temporarily freeze the use of some personal data in order to verify its accuracy, oppose its erasure or to exercise or defend your rights in court
- right to formulate general (to a trusted online third party certified by the CNIL) or specific (to the data controller) directives relating to the end use of your personal data after your death.
*Specifically concerning the right to object:
You can ask to exercise the right to object the processing of personal information for reasons that apply to your specific situation where the data processing in question is based on our legitimate interest.
n the event of exercising such a right to object, we shall cease the data processing concerned. It is possible that your request is not actioned should legitimate and compelling reasons prevail over your interests, rights and freedoms or if your personal data is required for the observation, exercise or defence of rights in terms of the law.
5. How can you exercise your rights?
To exercise your rights or for any other general or specific question relating to the protection of personal data, you can contact the Personal Data Protection Officer who shall provide a response within one month of receiving your request.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted by post or email:
Webedia (Communication Department)
2 rue Paul Vaillant Couturier
Email address: email@example.com
As a last resort, after having contacted us, should you feel that your rights have not been respected, you can address a complaint to the French National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties (3 place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris cedex 07; tel.: +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22).
6. Can we change this policy?
We may need to change this policy in the event in particular of a legal or jurisprudential change, following a decision or recommendation from the French National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties (CNIL) or following the addition of some purpose that differs to that for which the personal data was originally collected.
Any substantial changes made to this policy shall be brought to your attention by any means, including via electronic means.
We nonetheless encourage you to regularly consult this policy in order to take account of the means of protection of personal data provided for.